Trades are a part of Baseball, we've seen thousands of different deals happen over the years.Usually, the terms are pretty normal and straight forward, but sometimes things get weird. We decided to do a little digging and look into the strangest trades Baseball has ever seen, here's our top 5 not in any particular order:
- 1890 | The Cleveland Spiders acquire Cy Young in exchange for $300 and a crisp suit.
- 1931 | The Washington Senator trade Johnny Jones for a 25-pound turkey.
- 1950 | The Atlanta Crackers trade their broadcaster, Ernie Harwell to the Brooklyn Dodger for catcher Cliff Dapper.
- 2011 | White Sox trade their manager, Ozzie Guillen to the Marlins for two players to be named later
- 1996 | The Atlanta Braves acquire Kerry Ligtenberg in exchange for $720 worth of Baseball equipment.
All of these trades really prove one thing, baseball is a very strange game.